Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Before pictures

I have seen many people's before and after pictures throughout all types of weight loss journeys. I am terrible at "selfies" so I had my boyfriend take some pictures from the front and from the side. I decided to stick with outfits that were easily replicable (jeans and a t-shirt, black lounge pants and a tank top, and one of my goal dresses).

These pictures were taken on October 21, 2015 (the day before my surgery).

One thing I noticed while looking at these is that I was wearing things that were probably slightly too big for me in an effort to hide my fat. I never noticed that before. I was never conscious of it.

I still am uncertain of when to take "after" pictures. I am currently 6 weeks out from surgery and haven't taken any other pictures yet. My first thought was to take then at 50 pounds lost. Another thought I had was to take them every month. I'm a little late for that one, but I think I will start that after the first of the year.

I also did not take any nude or almost nude (in undergarments) pictures. I have many friends that have done that as well, but I didn't feel the need to do so. My boyfriend and I can discuss the naked truth throughout my journey. Of course I am open to questions and will talk with anyone that has questions about absolutely every aspect of the surgery journey.

The first couple are of me in dark jeans and a t-shirt. The second couple are of me in black lounge pants and a tank top. The third couple are of me in a dress I bought a while ago as a goal dress.
Here are the pictures that were taken (excuse the facial expressions):


No comments:

Post a Comment